Telescope Focuser not found

Tout ce qui concerne la gestion des instruments dans PRiSM.
L'observation automatique est incluse dans ce forum.
Répondre
ALPHA_OBS2021

Telescope Focuser not found

Message par ALPHA_OBS2021 »

Good Morning Prism,
I have the following equipment below. I'm working an issue where I'm seeing PRISM report that my focuser is not found and causing a fault alert. However, if i kill the celestron driver and restart everything comes up normally. I see the condition occur in a few scenarios 1) If the system is just connected and not performing any operation 2) During a park sequence 3) A slew and 4) tracking. This morning I enabled the log debugging tool to see if I could reproduce the issue (this occurred 5 times last night during an automated session), you will see in the prism log from time "UTC:2023-09-20-13-08-35 UTC:2023-09-20-13-08-46" during a slew from Polaris to park the error occurred. I also attempted to increase the polling interval on the hardware and focuser its currently set to 4.5 seconds to see if that would resolve the issue. I had a similar issue with our university system and this seems to resolve it, we only see it during some shutdown sequences. I was hoping it was just a bad cable but I replaced the power cable and swapped the aux cable selector (moved from aux 1 to aux 2) with no luck. Let me know if you need additional information.

Update (09/20/23): As a last ditch effort, I opened an unused Pegasus 12-volt connector to see if that would change anything. I left the system in the parked position for about 5 hours and no disconnect occurred and ran an automated session without it disconnecting. Attached is the log and automated session logs.

Equipment Setup:
OTA: Celestron 8-inch
Mount: AVX Mount
Focuser: Celestron Focuser connected to Aux 2
Camera: ZWO-1600 and 1290-mini (Bandwidth set to 5)
Hub: Pegasus Astro (Connects all cams and Hand Controller. Note, I attempted to plug the hand controller into the PC no change in behavior)
Note, we have Pegasus power the mount using the 12v output.

Thanks
Marcel
Fichiers joints
Obsauto__UTC_2023-09-20__03h28m18s.zip
(99.32 Kio) Téléchargé 50 fois
UTC_2023-09-20-13h02m31s_LogFile.zip
(272.11 Kio) Téléchargé 63 fois
Cyril Cavadore

Re: Telescope Focuser not found

Message par Cyril Cavadore »

Hello,
I can see this in the log file

ConnectTelescopeDevices -> Initialization error of Focuser not found - primary focuser

I do not know this focuser, is it a pure serial focuser ; or serial over USB ?
Please share more detail on this hardware.

Rgds,
Cyril Cavadore, ALCOR-SYSTEM, Auteur de PRISM
http://www.alcor-system.com

Pour reporter vos problème, la marche à suivre est ici
viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1403
ALPHA_OBS2021

Message par ALPHA_OBS2021 »

Good Afternoon,
This is a Celestron auto Focuser, it is powered by a external 12v input. In my setup Pegasus provides the voltage input. Data connections can come from two sources a USB A to B or the celestron aux cable connection. I think it is a 9-pin connection that goes to the mount it self. In my configuration I it connected to Aux1 but have attempted the run on Aux 2.
Cyril Cavadore

Message par Cyril Cavadore »

Does it work with celestron software ?
Dou you have a PDF doc for this focuser ?
Cyril Cavadore, ALCOR-SYSTEM, Auteur de PRISM
http://www.alcor-system.com

Pour reporter vos problème, la marche à suivre est ici
viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1403
Répondre