Read Image Timeout Error Message

Tout ce qui concerne la gestion des instruments dans PRiSM.
L'observation automatique est incluse dans ce forum.
Répondre
Stiewing Albert

Read Image Timeout Error Message

Message par Stiewing Albert »

I have a problem downloading the science camera. It is intermittent but can stop a sequence routine. After an image is acquired the Atik 460 will send a message "Digitizing" and the image downloads and then a message "Waiting for the guiding to be O.K". I do not know what it waits for . I see several sub pixel reports but it goes thru about 18 cycles and then either starts acquiring the next image or sends a message "Digitizing" after 2 minutes it gives a " Read image error timeout 120 sec.
By trial and error I have found out that the delay button has an affect. A two second delay in much worse than the default 1 Second. Setting the delay to zero has greatly reduced the errors but I can till wake in the morning to an error message and a lost night data.
The guider does seem to play some role in the problem as the problem has never occurred while shooting bias, flats and darks. It has occured with all version 10 I have used and on multiple computers.
Prism- Advanced version 10.4.20.930 / AP1100 mount /C14/ Optec focuser/ Lhires III / Spox calibration box / Camera#1 Atik 460ex /Camera# 2 LodstarX2 / Camera#3 ASi 120 connected to a Celestron 9x50 finder scope for plate solving. The mount is newer than the problem. AP's APCC is used to unpark and park the mount and the AP Driver buttons are used to place the target in the slit. Prism does everything else.

I have three videos, but the attachments tab will not let me attach the mp4 files
Cyril Cavadore

Re: Read Image Timeout Error Message

Message par Cyril Cavadore »

Where the timeout comes from ? From the loadstar X2 camera ? Or from the atik camera ?
Cyril Cavadore, ALCOR-SYSTEM, Auteur de PRISM
http://www.alcor-system.com

Pour reporter vos problème, la marche à suivre est ici
viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1403
Stiewing Albert

The messages Digitizing and waiting for guiding to be OK appear in the "Time:" box of Camera#1 the Atik. Camera #2 the Lodstar just continues guiding
What is the purpose of the Delay?. I have changed the USB cable to the ATIK but the problem persists.
The Read Image time out appears in the middle of the Prism screen
Fichiers joints
Waiting for guiding to be OK.png
digitizing.png
Stiewing Albert

Reading some of the other problems on the site I should also add to my equipment list

15Amp 12V power running 12 feet through a heavy wire to the scope 8 feet + feet off the ground. All equipment, except the mount which has it's own separate power supply, is supply through an Anderson power strip. All USB equipment is connected through a USB HUB with a single USB cable dropping down to the the computer with a 19 foot cable.

Both hubs have been in use while the problem has existed although the cable run length for both power and USB hub to the computer were much smaller has I had a portable setup before and still do in the summer.
Cyril Cavadore

Message par Cyril Cavadore »

This is difficult to find the culprit.
Personally I would disconnect all device and start to put back one by one and see what is happening.
USB can be very weird and if you have data that does not come, it means that a read is made by the driver of the camera, and this read does not return because the operating system has not received the data, and thus it freezes PRISM that is on top of all this.
Cyril Cavadore, ALCOR-SYSTEM, Auteur de PRISM
http://www.alcor-system.com

Pour reporter vos problème, la marche à suivre est ici
viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1403
Stiewing Albert

I do not seem to be able to post a new topic even though I am logged in.

I am trying to use the GETIMG_XY_TO_RADDEC function. I entered the five parameters shown in the local script help. I am getting an error message saying I need a 6th Parameter. Checking this sites list I also only see 5 parameters shown.

Thanks,
Albert Stiewing
Marc DELDEM

Message par Marc DELDEM »

Hello Albert,

Here is the right syntaxe for your request:

Code : Tout sélectionner

Syntaxe :
GETIMG_XY_TO_RADDEC  Img  X  Y  RA  DEC  ERROR

Code : Tout sélectionner

Img (Input) The image to process
X (Input - Float) X Pixel value to convert
Y (Input - Float) Y Pixel value to convert
RA (Output - Float) Corresponding Right Ascension in radians
DEC (Output - Float) Corresponding Declinaison in radians
ERROR (Output - Boolean) FALSE (0) in case of error, TRUE (1) if succeeded
Remark: the image SHOULD be calibrated in astrometry.

Best regards,
Marc Deldem
Répondre